Dr. Takalkar was an exemplary student and as such has received several university and state level awards for academic excellence as enlisted below:
- National Merit Scholarship during SSC and HSC
- AIIMS Fest Memorial Prize, Palnitkar Memorial Prize, Darak Prize and Shirish Patel Memorial Prize for first rank in MBBS
- Silver Jubilee Memorial Prizes for first rank in both – Biochemistry & Physiology
- AIIMS Fest Memorial Prize for Pharmacology & FMT
- Silver Jubilee Memorial Prizes for first rank in II MBBS
- Bhogaonkar Prize, Khose Prize, Silver Jubilee Prize for first rank in III MBBS
- AIIMS Fest Memorial Prize for Ophthalmology & Surgery
- Dr. Kalpana Bardapurkar Gold Medal for Surgery
- Gopichand Nagori Prize
- Scientific Conference Fund Prize
- Pfizer Post Graduate Award and Gold Medal
- Gold Medal for Surgery in MS.
Dr. Takalkar has been conferred membership and fellowship by several national and international societies due to his diligent efforts in the field of gastroenterology and oncology.
- Fellow, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE, USA)
- Fellow, Union of International Cancer Control (FUICC, Switzerland)
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, The Society for Surgery of Alimentary Tract (SSAT, USA)
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Member, European Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, European Digestive Surgery
- Fellow, Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS)
- Fellow, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- Member, Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Member, Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India
- Member, Society of Endoscopic and Laproscopic Surgeons of India
- Member, Association of Surgical Oncology, India
- Member, Indian Cancer Society
- Member, Indian Academy of Human Reproduction
- Member, National Association for Voluntary Sterilization and Family Welfare of India
- Member, Indian Red Cross Society
- Member, Aurangabad Surgical Society
Academics: Dr. Takalkar has worked in academics for almost a decade wherein he worked diligently to train the budding young minds in various intricacies of surgical procedures. He is also a MUHS approved guide for advanced fellowship in gastrointestinal endoscopy and breast surgery since 2016. His tenure in academic is enlisted below:
- Registrar, Bhatia General Hospital, Mumbai – Jan 1992 to Jun 1992
- Registrar, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai – Jul 1992 to Jun 1993
- MPSC lecturer (Surgery), Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad – Jul 1993 to Aug 1997
- Associate Professor, Govt. Cancer Hospital, Aurangabad – Jun 2012 to Jul 2015
- MUHS guide, Advanced fellowship in gastrointestinal endoscopy and breast surgery – since 2016
- Faculty for AIG conferences since 2012
- Assisted Padmabhushan Dr. D. N. Reddy in live demonstration session at 2012 DDW, San Diego, USA
Due to his affinity for academics following Diploma & Fellowship Courses are offered at United CIIGMA Hospital:
- Fellowship Course in Advanced Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Fellowship Course in Breast Surgery
- Fellowship Course in Intensive Cardiac Care
- Diploma course in Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGO)
- Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA)
Kodlikeri Memorial Hospital: Kodlikeri Memorial Hospital was solely a gynaecology set-up at the time of Dr. Takalkar’s appointment in 1997. During his tenure, Dr. Takalkar introduced newer specialties at the hospital such as: Surgical Oncology, Gastroenterology, Chemotherapy and General Surgery. These steps saw an increase in patient number at the hospital.
CIIGMA Nursing Home: CIIGMA Nursing Home was Dr. Takalkar’s first step towards entrepreneurship in the field of medicine and was established in the year 2008. His earlier work in Kodlikeri Memorial Hospital hinted at the need of better set-up with multimodal treatment approaches. With sole vision of better catering to patient health, Dr. Takalkar started his venture offering multiple services such as: Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care Unit, Advanced Respiratory Care Unit and Advanced Endoscopy Theatre.
United CIIGMA Hospital: Dr. Takalkar’s vision to bring cutting edge technology to this underdeveloped locale sawto the foundation of United CIIGMA Hospital in 2009 which took a final shape in 2013. This was one of a kind set-up which provided respite to many patients without foregoing the economics. His zeal to excellence paved way to upgradation of Marathwada’s medical industry as advanced medical facilities of various specialties were introduced
United CIIGMA Nursing Home: – UnitedCIIGMA Nursing Home was started in 2018 as an extension of UnitedCIIGMA Hospital.
Statistics: Approximate procedures performed and supervised by Dr. Takalkar till date are:
- General & Onco Surgeries – Over 40000 (Forty Thousand)
- Endoscopic Procedures – Over 1000000 (Ten Lakhs)
Research & Publications: Dr. Takalkar has a dedicated research department via which he has participated in numerous national and global trials. He also undertakes pilot research projects results of which can be seen published across his eminent journals (enlisted below). He is also a reviewer and editorial board member for various reputed journals (enlisted below).
CIIGMA Health Foundation:CIIGMA Health Foundation was founded by Dr. Takalkar with the aim – ‘Together towards Hope and Care.’ As the motto suggests, Dr. Takalkar lends a helping hand to give hope to patients who otherwise cannot afford state-of-art medical care as is the basic right of every patient. Various activities are conducted by this foundation such as: free medical aid, mobile clinic set-up in nearby villages, research activities etc. It also promotes medical education by conducting CMEs, awareness programs and providing financial aid to needy medical students.