Dr. Suresh H Advani, an oncologist who pioneered hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in India, takes time from his busy schedule to contribute towards the Free Health Checkup initiatives organised by CIIGMA Health Foundation.
Struck by poliomyelitis at the age of 8 years, the wheelchair-using doctor studied at Grant Medical College, Mumbai (where he obtained the MBBS and MD Medicine degrees), following which he worked at Tata Memorial Centre for several years as a medical oncologist. Now he consults at Raheja Hospital. He gained experience in the field of bone marrow transplantation from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington.
- Recipient of the Rashtriyra Krantiveer Award, Ujjain (2014)
- Recipient of the Padma Bhushan award by Government of India (2012)
- Recipient of the Dr. B. C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005)
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005)
- Recipient of the Padma Shri by Government of India (2002)
- Recipient of the Dhanvantari award (2002)
- Elected fellow – National Academy of Medical Sciences (1996),
- Voted as “Pharma Leaders Indian of the Year – Oncology” at 11th Annual Pharma Leaders Power Brand awards 2018